Tuesday 5 July 2011

How to get Van carzy

Okay this story needs to be told!
Its just - insane!
It's the story how one can get the habitants of Van crazy. And it's about a poor bear who got burned...
But now in sequence:
Well the story starts with the StanlyCup (I don't even know how it's written) :P . It's the big contest between the hockey teams. But don't ask me, cause I couldn't give you any anywer. I'm not that into this hockey things... I just know, that Van - well the Canoucks didn't win for 18 years.
Allright enough talking - lets go on with the stroy. Where to start?
Oh yeah, lets go to the first game I saw downtown. More people than whole Winterthur were on the street watching one of the really important games - because the Canoucks finally were in the finals since 18 years.
That night the Canoucks won - and every one got crazy. Singing, dancing, cheering - there was a big party going on in whole Van. Okay to be honest - thats nothing compared to what will come next.
A few games later (I didn't count them, that's too much for me) ;D - now this one was the last and deciding one. Either Boston or Van Canoucks...
We were at BC-Publicviewing (or what ever...) Well and in the end Canoucks lost, the screen was broken, the people were mad, and the square was covered with garbage. .D
Well I assume that the garbage was the smallest problem this night. Cause now everyone got crazy.
Everything startd with a bear. This poor little fellow got burned. But this wasn't big enough and they started to burn cars, smash windows and fight... Well just all these things riots do.
I'm quite glad, that we went home early enough.
My teacher was in a pup and she stayed there untill 4am because she was so afraied of going home. She was sooo tired in the next morning that we didn't do a thing in school - just talked about the riots. And she even forgot to give us homework ;D It was sooo funny, she nearly fall asleep while we were discussing the last 24 hours...
The police didn't do that much - they used teargas, and the caught some peoples.
The damage was imense... (And they even asked for more Police form Galgary, and I don't know where...)
But the best thing is not told yet. In the following morning all the windows were covered with planks. Stll not the best :D - Well wait - don't be inpatient - I will tell you!
After school, when we went for lunch, we were quite surprised. The planks - and now the best starts - looked like this!!!
And it went on. Everybody was writing on them - for weeks.
You know, all the habitants were shocked by the riots (to be honest - I wasn't shocked that much since we do have that problem in Switzerland....just a little bit.) Anyways - I got goose bumps the moment I saw all those writings. It was incredible, amazing (a Canadian would say awesome)!!!! And the planks were there over a week - well actually there still are some left. And it's exactly two weeks ago since the riots....
On Thursday morning two weeks ago there even was a police car. People wrote on the car and sticked postits on it with "Thank-you"s...
It's just - I don't know, I just had to laugh. And than more or less a week ago, they put new planks on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean - NEW PLANKS!!!! And - well you just need to check out the pics...
(oh I just figured that they are in the wrong order - up side down... so last one is first one - got it?)
Well this is the police car in the night - under a tent - yes you heard it right UNDER A TENT!!!

A postit on the car - I'm sorry but it's to late (11.30pm) to translate that - maybe tomorrow...

which hard work? I heard they didn't do anything - but well - thank you!

Uhu! As if they gonna keep those planks on all the shop windows... stupiest idea of the century!!!!

I don't if you can see that, but they started to make a line with flags on it. Every passenger could make such a flag. The line grew longer and longer - hour by hour...



Oh yeah right, I forgot: It even got a title: The great wall of Vancouver

Police car in the morning

My favourite saying! :D

The great wall of Vancouver - or what ever....


That was the first game I saw downtwon.



The screen is - ehrm you can't see it - it's far to small! :D
You know - it's really nice if a city reacts like this - but that was just an overreaction. And not enough they are still shocked and it's still the topic number one!!!!!!!!!!!! It's two weeks ago!!!!!!!!!! Crazy - Van people are crazy!!! But I like them :D maybe even cause of that crazyness....

And last but not least: Now they are removing the planks and the new shop windows are back. Van is becoming normal! But I don't know waht they are doing with the planks - maybe they put them in to a museum - or found a new one: Museum of Riots 2011 and the Great Wall of Vancouver  :D

Sorry but I can't take this serious anymore... So I better stopp talking about that - issue!
I hope you enjoyed that little story!
Good night and till tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. wow rea!! you are like a story writer :D

    i will write a personal text for you on my blog in few days hopefully :D

    pinja,finland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allright, allright - I have to admit - I might have been slightly harsh on the police!
    They tried to do the best they could. And it's not easy to fight a group like this. I would have been scared too - BUT the police is trained for that, that's their job....
    And still, I heard that they could have done more....
    Anyways it doesn't matter - it's the way it is...

    ReplyDelete